Bavarian Hockey Club:
North American Hockey Player Wanted!!
Deadline June 30th
Age: 20-25 years old
Detail : A good scoring touch
This is a great opportunity for a young player looking to explore some of the most beautiful areas in Europe while playing for the local club team. Although this is not a “real job”, it can provide a small stipend to offset some costs while living and playing there. You will be immersed in the vast history and culture in the area, learning the German and European way of life as well as some international experience in sports as well.
There are more opportunities to move up in the league system with a potential for higher paying contracts. The desire is that the player will stay the whole season in the village area to fill the hockey role as needed
1) Season starts in October and ends middle of March (if the team is in the finals)
2) 24 games including the finals
3a) team is playing in the lowest Bavarian (German) hockey league and are looking to improve to make the finals
3b) Bavaria is “the hockey province” in Bavaria, like Michigan and Minnesota in US and there a couple of very good teams in the league.
4) Hockey equipment:
- helmet, gloves, pants are provided. (Players are responsible for the remainder)
- Sticks: Warrior team sticks are free (the team must use Warrior team sticks)
Fight costs are paid up to 900 € (1050 USD)
- free room/board
- free breakfast
- lunch at a local restaurant (location TBD)
- monthly Stipend 400 to 500 € 480 to 550 USD)
6) Additional information
- Team will pay for International Transfer card 1300 € (1500 USD)
- Candidate will need a Tourism Visa (this stuff is to clarify with the president)
- Candidate must help the Coaches team with the youth teams (Peewee / Bantam)
- Arriving time: first week of October depends of flights and airline fee
end of season: depending on finals (end of February or middle of March)
Please fill out the recruitment form below and we will be looking at potential candidates. Keep in mind if this doesn’t work out there will be future opportunities! Thank you for reading!